Monday 23 November 2015

Jules Dagenais Found In Canada, Voters Lists In 1974

I found my great grandfather Jules Dagenais in Canada, Voters Lists 1935-1980. From the Canada, Voters Lists I learned his name, occupation, location and. electoral district.

1974 Canada, Voters Lists
Name: Jules Dagenais
Occupation: Cultivator
Location: Duvernay, Quebec, Canada
Electoral District: Duvernay

1974 Canada, Voters Lists

I did a google search to find out what a cultivator was? I learned that a cultivator is a farmer who mechanical implement for breaking up the soil and uprooting weeds. If you wish to learn more about a cultivator visited the wikipedia page.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa, this is not our grandfather - it is someone else with the same name. In 1974, Jules and Dora were living in Pembroke and he was a retired scaled (someone who could evaluate how much lumber would come out of a bush). Pepere Dagenais was a career lumberjack who grew up on Vinton, in Pontiac, lived his early married life in Offer Lake Quebec, and moved to River road in Pembroke in 1972. If you remind me of your email, I can add you as a guest on my ancestry tree and you can check it out. I have lots of family pictures there as well, since my family has the Dagenais photo albums. Regards, Michelle Legault, Rollande Dagenais granddaughter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That should read Otter Lake...

      Delete
    2. Ok thanks, my email is dixonlisa@hotmail.com

      Delete
    3. Michelle, thanks for the information. Do you have anything that can help proof these records are not corrected before I delete the sources and facts of my family tree. Thanks Lisa

      Delete
  2. Please see the new post called Jules Dagenais in the Voters Lists at http://dixonfamilygenealogy.blogspot.ca/2016/11/jules-dagenais-in-voter-lists.html
    which was posted on 11/12/16 where I explain that I believe this voter lists are for the wrong Jules Dagenais.

    ReplyDelete