Saturday 19 November 2016

Newspaper Clippings Of Anne Louise Marie Dixon's Birth & Death Annoucement

Here are newspaper clippings on my niece Anne Louise Mare Dixon's birth announcement as well as her death announcement. Also included a picture card made by her mother Ashleigh Dixon, and the remembrance booklet from her funeral. Both the birth announcement and death announcement was published in The Standard in 2011. Although Anne was only with us a short time, she was loved by all and touched our hearts for forever.

Birth Announcement published in The Standard in 2011.
Transcription of text in the document: Births DIXON - John Marshall Dixon III is proud to announce the arrival of his baby sister, Anne Louise Marie. Proud parents are John Junior and Ashleigh Dixon. Anne was born on September 9th, 2011 at 6:54pm, weighing 6lbs, 4ozs at the St. Catharines General Hospital. Thank you to Dr. Shetty and all the Nurses for their great care. 
Death Announcement published in The Standard in 2011.
Transcription of text in the document:    DIXON, Anne Louise Marie - Passed away with parents John and Ashleigh at her side at McMaster Children's Hospital on September 18, 2011. Will always be loved by big brother John the 3rd, mom and dad, grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins. After the private interment, Ashleigh and John invite family and friends to the Armenian Community Centre, 156 Martindale Road on Friday, September 23, 2011 from 1-3pm. In lieu of flowers donations to McMaster Children's Hospital would be appreciated by the family. Arrangements entrusted to the Hulse & English Funeral Home & Chapel, 75 Church Street (905-684-6346). On-line tributes may be made at www.hulseandenglish.com   
Photo Card  Of Anne
Transcription of text in the document:     Anne Louise Marie Dixon    September 9, 2011 - September 18, 2011    Born 6:54 PM Weighted 61bs 04oz
A Service Of Remembrance 1
A Service Of Remembrance 2

Transcription of text in the document:      A Service of Remembrance For Anne Louise Marie       Presiding Clergy - The Rev. Val Kerr     Victoria Lawn    Friday, September 23, 2011

Thoughts of our shattered hopes and dreams for this precious child have accompanied us in this time of loss, reminding us of so much received, and so much lost. Our love for Anne will not be diminished.    
  
The Reading 
Hopi Prayer  
Do not stand at my grave and weep.  I am not there, I do not sleep. I am a thousand winds that blow. I am the diamond glint in the snow. I am the sunlight on the ripened grain. I am the gentle autumn's rain. When you awaken in the morning hush, I am the swift uplifting rush of quiet birds in circled flight. I am the soft stars that shine at night do not stand at at my gave and cry: I am not there, I did not die.        

We commit Anne's ashes to their final resting place; earth to earth, ashes to ashes, dust to dust. The Lord bless her and keep her, the Lord make his face to shine upon her and be gracious to her, the Lord lift up his countenance upon her and give her peace. Amen       

All - Anne into the darkness and warmth of the earth, into the freedom of wind and sunshine. We let you go. Into the sadness and smiles of our memories, into the dance of the stars and the planets. We let you go. Into the cycle of living and dying and rising again, into the winds breath and the hands of the starmaker. We let you go. May you rest in peace and fulfillment, we love you, miss you, we want you to be happy. Amen

The Littlest Angel
I'm only a small child, not much do I know. But God holds my hand as I look down below. I'm here with God in the most wonderful place yet I can feel much joy when I see your sad face.

Your heart has been broken, I can see from up here as your struggle along and wipe every tear. If only I had words I could send you today that would tell you I'm home and I'm really okay.

Heaven's so beautiful with sparkles and wings and the angels are teaching me so many things. I'll grow and mature in this Heavenly land whild holding on tightly to God's warm hand.

So don't grieve for me now but find peace in your soul, and know God has made your little one whole. And even if you can't seem to understand "why", please know in your heart that our love did not die. 

4 comments:

  1. That is so sad when your new born baby dies suddenly like that. I just can't imagine how you would get through that kind of loss. It is terrible. I know your mom is up there in heaven with her and they are together. That is a good thing. Erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is really sad, Anne may have only been with us a couple days, but she will be in are hearts forever.

      Delete
  2. You are so right. She will be with you forever. She is truly an angel. I know that for sure. God bless her. Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Through doing research on microfilm looking at old newspaper at the St. Catharines Public Library I now know that date this was published. The Birth Annnoucement was published in St. Catharines Standard, Sep 20 2011, p. C6

    ReplyDelete